- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Holbrook Man Accused of Wrong-way Road Rage
A man has been arrested for driving the wrong way down Veterans Memorial Highway during a road-rage confrontation with another driver in his hometown of Holbrook last month, Suffolk County police said.
Thomas Brown Jr. was charged Sunday with reckless endangerment following an investigation by a Fifth Precinct Crime Section officer.
Police said the 37-year-old suspect was driving on Route 454 when he approached a construction zone that forced two lanes to merge into one, sparking a dispute between him and another driver about who was going to merge first at 11:45 a.m. July 24.
Brown told investigators that while he was waiting to make a left turn onto Coates Avenue, the other driver threw an object at his vehicle, police said.
That’s when Brown allegedly made a right, heading eastbound on the westbound shoulder of Veterans Memorial Highway, nearly hitting several vehicles, police said.
Brown will be arraigned on a later date.