- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Laurel Man Grew 57 Pot Plants, Cops Say
Authorities say they’ve busted an alleged marijuana growing operation following a raid on a man’s Laurel home Tuesday.
Anton Van De Wetering was arrested and charged with growing marijuana without a license.
Riverhead Town Police said the 43-year-old suspect had 57 pot plants at his Eagles Nest home.
A joint investigation with The East End Drug Task Force found the alleged grower transported the plants in a box truck, police said.
The truck was impounded and Van De Wetering will be arraigned at Riverhead Town Justice Court.
Police added that additional charges are pending a Suffolk County Crime Lab analysis.