- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Home Invasion Suspect Charged
One of two suspects has been arrested for allegedly pistol-whipping a sleeping man during a Hempstead home invasion this week, Nassau County police said.
The 45-year-old victim was awakened by two men beating him with a handgun and stealing his car keys in his Harvard Street home shortly before 6 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
Okeith Lewis, 28, also of Hempstead, was charged with robbery, burglary and criminal possession of a weapon. A judge set his bail at $100,000 bond or $50,000 cash.
The victim suffered bruises to his face and an eye injury.
The second suspect has not been apprehended. Lewis is due back in court Friday.
Detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.