- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
East Northport Woman Critically Injured by Drunken Driver, Cops Say
An East Northport woman is in critical condition after an alleged drunken driver crashed into her motorcycle Friday night in Greenlawn, Suffolk County police said.
Karen Labarbera, 52, was rushed to Stony Brook University Hospital with head and left leg injuries, police said.
Detectives said 51-year-old Connie O’Hara of Huntington was driving a 2013 Volkswagen west on Pulaski Road at 7:15 p.m. when she collided with Labarbera’s 2002 Honda motorcycle as she attempted to turn onto Butterfield Drive.
O’Hara was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.
She will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The investigation is ongoing, police said, adding that both vehicles were impounded for safety checks. Detectives are asking anyone with information about the crash to contact the Vehicular Crime Unit at 631-852-6555 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.