- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Mastic Woman Charged With Reckless Driving in Crash That Killed Mom
A woman was arrested for reckless driving after a two-car crash that killed her 71-year-old mother in Brookhaven on Saturday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.
Jessica Pistolese was driving a Chevy Malibu westbound on Montauk Highway, when her vehicle struck a Chrysler 300 that was making a left turn onto the roadway from Horseblock Road shortly before 4 p.m., police said.
Pistolese’s mother, Judith Rivera, of East Patchogue, was in the front passenger seat and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pistolese, 38, and the other driver, 51-year-old Aide Marichal, both of Mastic, were treated and released from Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue for non-life threatening injuries.
Pistolese was charged with reckless driving. She is scheduled to be arraigned Nov. 4. Vehicular Crimes Unit detectives are continuing the investigation.