- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Dix Hills Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bicyclist
Suffolk County police have apprehended a suspect in the Dix Hills hit-and-run driver that killed a bicyclist on Labor Day morning.
A passing motorist called 911 upon finding a dead man on the side of Express Drive North, ¼ mile east of Burrs Lane, shortly after 10 a.m. Police are not sure what time the crash occurred.
The bicyclist has been identified as 44 year old Ricardo Fernandez, of Amityville.
Police identified Albert Dibernardo, 28, of Melville as the driver who allegedly struck Fernandez. Dibernardo has been initially charged with Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting Involving a Fatality. He will be arraigned on September 3.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives ask anyone with information about the incident to call them at 631-852-6555 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.