- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Body Found in Water Off Montauk Point
A body was found in the Atlantic Ocean off Montauk Point a day after the family of a 27-year-old Ronkonkoma man reported him missing over the holiday weekend, authorities said.
New York State Parks Police said they found the man’s vehicle at Montauk State Park after the victim’s family filed a missing person’s report with Suffolk County police on Saturday. A half dozen law enforcement agencies joined the search.
Boaters aboard a private vessel reported finding a body at 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the water. The U.S. Coast Guard recovered the body, which was taken to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office to determine the identity and cause of death.