- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Suozzi-Haber Democratic Nassau Exec Primary Debate Tuesday
Former Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi who’s running for his old job will face off with Democratic primary challenger Adam Haber in a televised debate Tuesday night.
The first televised debate of the campaign comes a week before Nassau Democrats cast their votes in the Sept. 10 primary and less than a week after the opponents first met in a debate in Freeport.
Haber, a Roslyn school board member, has been calling for Suozzi to attend debates since February, but Suozzi has largely been focusing on attacking County Executive Ed Mangano, the Republican who unseated Suozzi nearly four years ago.
Suozzi initially ignored gimmick but surprised voters by showing up at last week’s debate after it was believed that he would not attend.
The second debate will be held 7-7:30 p.m. on News12 Long Island.