- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIRR Adds 8 Trains for Jewish Holidays
The Long Island Rail Road is adding eight eastbound trains from Penn Station on Wednesday and Friday afternoon for commuters leaving work early for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
They include three trains each on the Port Jefferson and Babylon branches and one train each on the Port Washington and Far Rockaway lines.
The Port Jeff trains leave at 2:08 p.m., 2:29 p.m. and 3:24 p.m. The Babylon trains leave at 2:32 p.m., 3 p.m. and 3:31 p.m. The Port Washington train leaves at 3:40 p.m. and the Far Rockaway train leaves at 3:48 p.m.
For additional information, customers can consult the LIRR’s website or contact the LIRR’s Travel Information Center by calling 511.