- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Rocky Point Teen Killed in Car Crash
An 18-year-old Rocky Point man was killed when the teenager driving the car he was riding in crashed in Central Islip early Thursday morning.
Suffolk County police said Ulices Canessa Villatoro, 19, of Islip Terrace, was driving a 2005 Acura TL southbound on Lowell Avenue when he lost control of the car and hit several trees on the side of the road at 12:02 a.m.
One of three passengers, Andrew O’Connor, who was sitting in the back seat, was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he died of his injuries.
Canessa Villatoro and 17-year-old George Shody of Islip Terrace, who was sitting in the back seat next to O’Conner, were taken to the same hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The front-seat passenger, 18-year-old Joel Fernandez of Islip Terrace, was not injured.
Third Squad detectives impounded the vehicle, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the crash to contact them at 631-854-8352 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.