- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Drug Dealer Among 5 Nabbed in Prostitution Sting, Cops Say
Authorities say they busted five men in a Riverside prostitution sting, including an alleged drug dealer on parole that agreed to trade cocaine for sex with an undercover female police officer over the weekend.
Southampton Town Police said 55-year-old Charles Hightower was one of three Riverside men and two Hamptons residents arrested Friday and charged with patronizing a prostitute, a misdemeanor.
Hightower, who was released from prison in June, was additionally charged with criminal sale and possession of a controlled substance. He also had a warrant for his arrest for disorderly conduct stemming from a prior incident in Bridgehampton.
Two of the other suspects were also charged with driving without a license.
Police said they conducted the sting in response to community complaints about “frequent street side prostitution” in the area.