- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
East Northport Woman Killed in Car Crash
A 78-year-old woman was killed when she crashed her car in her hometown of East Northport on Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk County police Barbara Dedicke was driving a Honda southbound on Elwood Road when her vehicle struck a parked car and a utility pole just north of Clay Pitts Road at 3:30 p.m.
Dedicke was pronounced dead at the scene. She was driving alone and there were no other injuries.
Second Squad detectives impounded the Honda, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information regarding this crash to call them at 631-854-8252.