- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 5 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Uniondale Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
An alleged gunman has been accused of trying to shoot one man to death and seriously injuring another in the suspect’s hometown of Uniondale over the weekend.
Nassau County police arrested Kshon Trahern Ricks on charges of second-degree attempted murder, assault, criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said a detective was driving down Nassau Road when he heard gunshots and found a 26-year-old man suffering from a bullet wound to his abdomen at 4 p.m. Saturday.
A 23-year-old man was found suffering from a laceration to his leg nearby, police added.
Both victims were taken to a local hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Detectives apprehended the suspect at his home Sunday night.
Ricks will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.