- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Uniondale Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
An alleged gunman has been accused of trying to shoot one man to death and seriously injuring another in the suspect’s hometown of Uniondale over the weekend.
Nassau County police arrested Kshon Trahern Ricks on charges of second-degree attempted murder, assault, criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said a detective was driving down Nassau Road when he heard gunshots and found a 26-year-old man suffering from a bullet wound to his abdomen at 4 p.m. Saturday.
A 23-year-old man was found suffering from a laceration to his leg nearby, police added.
Both victims were taken to a local hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Detectives apprehended the suspect at his home Sunday night.
Ricks will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.