- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
North Fork Mom DWI in Crash With Baby, Cops Say
A 22-year-old Mattituck woman was arrested for drunken driving after she crashed her car with her 17-month-old baby aboard in Jamesport early Tuesday morning, Riverhead Town Police said.
Lindsay Marino was driving on Main Road when she crashed her vehicle near the corner of Tuthills Lane at around 1:30 a.m., police said.
Officers who responded to the scene found her to be under the influence of alcohol, police said.
She and the infant were taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center as a precaution and then released.
Marino was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a child 15 years old or younger, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
She will be arraigned at Riverhead Town Justice Court.