- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Huntington Station Fatal Hit-and-run Suspect Nabbed
A suspect has been apprehended for allegedly killing a 25-year-old pedestrian in a hit-and-run crash in Huntington Station last month, Suffolk County police said.
Richard Wright was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of an incident without reporting involving a fatality.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives alleged the 27-year-old suspect was driving southbound on New York Avenue when he struck Reinaldo Velasquez-Yanes, who was crossing the road north of East 12th Street shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 4.
Both the suspect and the victim are from Huntington Station.
Wright will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.