- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood LIRR Train Fatally Hits Man
An eastbound Long Island Rail Road train struck and killed a man near the Brentwood station during the Wednesday evening rush hour commute.
The victim was hit on the tracks at about 7:30 p.m. by the 6:21 p.m. train from Penn Station due in Ronkonkoma at 7:39 p.m., according to the LIRR.
The victim was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene.
Service was suspended on the Ronkonkoma Branch east of Farmingdale for about an hour while investigators were on the scene, causing delays throughout the night.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the incident.