- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 5 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Brentwood LIRR Train Fatally Hits Man
An eastbound Long Island Rail Road train struck and killed a man near the Brentwood station during the Wednesday evening rush hour commute.
The victim was hit on the tracks at about 7:30 p.m. by the 6:21 p.m. train from Penn Station due in Ronkonkoma at 7:39 p.m., according to the LIRR.
The victim was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene.
Service was suspended on the Ronkonkoma Branch east of Farmingdale for about an hour while investigators were on the scene, causing delays throughout the night.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the incident.