- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Dina Lohan Arrested for DWI, Speeding
Dina Lohan, mother of troubled actress Linsday Lohan, has been arrested for alleged drunken driving after New York State police said she was stopped for speeding on the Northern State Parkway.
Troopers pulled over Lohan for driving 77 mph in a 55 mph zone at 11 p.m. Thursday, when she was found to have a blood alcohol content of 0.20 percent, more than double the legal limit of 0.08 percent, police said.
After the 50-year-old Merrick woman was charged with speeding and driving while intoxicated, “Lohan made an allegation that she was injured during the course of the arrest,” police said in a statement.
Police called an ambulance to have Lohan evaluated, but emergency personnel found Lohan had no injuries and “she recanted her claim,” police added.
Lohan was later released to a sober third party. She is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 24 at First District Court in Hempstead.
Lindsay Lohan, the Mean Girls star who’s had her own string of legal troubles over the past eight years, is on probation in California after being released from her latest stint in rehab just before her latest independent movie release, The Canyons.