- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Pedestrian Fatally Hit by Car in North Amityville
A 43-year-old East Farmingdale man was fatally struck by a car while crossing a street in North Amityville on Sunday night.
Suffolk County police said Carlos Perez-Hernandes was crossing Route 110 when he was hit by a southbound Chevrolet Malibu near the corner or Jefferson Avenue at 9:25 p.m.
The victim was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he was pronounced dead.
The driver, 60-year-old Douglas Aloise of Massapequa, was not injured.
First Squad detectives impounded the vehicle, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with any information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8152.