- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
2 Shot Outside Central Islip Bar
An early-morning shooting outside a Central Islip bar Saturday sent two men to the hospital with gunshot wounds, Suffolk County police said.
Shots rang out just before 5 a.m. after an altercation between a group of people standing in the parking lot of Aura Lounge on West Suffolk Avenue, police said.
Gunfire struck 30-year-old Darryl Jackson of Brentwood in the foot and 47-year-old Cleon Norwood in the stomach, police said. Jackson was admitted for treatment and Norwood underwent surgery and is listed in serious condition, police said.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding the shooting to call the Third Squad at 631-854-8352 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.