- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Parkway Road Rage Ends in Assault Arrest
A Merrick man has been accused of beating a West Sayville man following a road rage altercation that led to a car crash on the Southern State Parkway in West Babylon over the weekend.
New York State police said Rodney Selman, 42, got into a traffic dispute with the 49-year-old victim that resulted in one driver rear-ending the other while driving eastbound near exit 36 for Straight Path shortly before 9 p.m. Friday.
When both drivers pulled over, the feud escalated into a physical fight with the suspect throwing the victim to the ground, police said. The victim was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip for treatment.
Selman was charged with assault. He will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.