- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Parkway Road Rage Ends in Assault Arrest
A Merrick man has been accused of beating a West Sayville man following a road rage altercation that led to a car crash on the Southern State Parkway in West Babylon over the weekend.
New York State police said Rodney Selman, 42, got into a traffic dispute with the 49-year-old victim that resulted in one driver rear-ending the other while driving eastbound near exit 36 for Straight Path shortly before 9 p.m. Friday.
When both drivers pulled over, the feud escalated into a physical fight with the suspect throwing the victim to the ground, police said. The victim was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip for treatment.
Selman was charged with assault. He will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.