- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops Probe Fatal Setauket Shooting
Suffolk County police homicide detectives are investigating a shooting that killed a Setauket man Tuesday night.
Ross Reisner, 50, was discovered inside his Upper Sheep Pasture Road house around 8:45 p.m. with a gunshot wound to the chest, police said. Officers responded after a 911 caller reported that a man had been shot.
A resident of the house, who was not identified, told police that the gunshots were fired through a window.
Reisner was pronounced dead at Stony Brook University Hospital, police said.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding the shooting to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.