- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
NCPD: Two Shot Near Roosevelt Field Mall, Shopping Center in Lockdown
Nassau County Police confirmed Wednesday morning that two people had been shot by an unknown assailant about a mile south of the Roosevelt Field Shopping Mall.
The shooting took place around 10:10 a.m. at a commercial building located at 645 South Street in East Garden City, according to police.
Authorities describe the potential shooter as Asian, between 6 and 6-foot-2, wearing a red shirt and possibly a brown jacket. He fled the scene in a white SUV, possibly a Honda Pilot, say police, toward the shopping mall.
Police and news helicopters circled the area Wednesday morning and several police vehicles were parked on Ring Road.
Mall workers and the shopping center’s Facebook page confirmed it was in lockdown.
A briefing by Nassau police is expected shortly.