- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
New Cassel Man Charged With Murder
A man has been arrested for fatally shooting a 31-year-old man in the New Cassel neighborhood where they both lived this week, Nassau County police said.
Naqunne Jackson, 29, was charged Wednesday with second-degree murder in the death of William Moody.
Homicide Squad detectives alleged Jackson shot and killed Moody on State Street at 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Jackson was paroled in 2011 after serving four years in prison for drug and weapon possession, records show.
Jackson will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.