- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Cops: Driver Impaired by Drugs Charged in Fatal Bohemia Crash
A Medford man was killed and four others were injured in Bohemia Saturday morning in a five-car crash involving a driver allegedly impaired by drugs, Suffolk County police said.
The victim, 44-year-old Christopher White, was riding his motorcycle when the crash occurred. He was transported to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he was pronounced dead, police said. Four others suffered non-life-threatening injuries and have already been treated and released.
Police charged a 55-year-old Selden man, Paul Porrini, with driving while ability impaired by drugs after he allegedly blew a red light on westbound Veterans Memorial Highway just after 7 a.m. and crashed a 2007 Chevrolet Express van into four vehicles, including White’s motorcycle, police said.
Porrini is being held overnight at the Fifth Precinct, police said, and will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Police said the investigation is continuing. Investigators are asking anyone with information on the crash to contact Vehicle Crime Unit detectives at 631-852-6555 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.