- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Female Found Dead in Bay Shore Apartment Complex
A 59-year-old East Norwich woman was found dead outside a Bay Shore apartment complex Friday morning, Suffolk County police said.
The discovery was made around 9:15 a.m. at The Birches apartments on South Clinton Avenue, police said. Third Precinct officers found the woman in a rear parking lot of the complex, police said.
The woman was identified as Saundra Simonee. The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office will perform an autopsy to determine her cause of death, police said.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding this case to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.