- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Great Neck Hit-and-run Driver Stikes Twins, Flees
Nassau County police are asking for the public’s help in finding the hit-and-run driver that struck twin 54-year-old sisters in Great Neck and fled without stopping last week.
The victims were walking on the north side of Arrandale Road when they were hit by a westbound vehicle at 6:20 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, police announced four days later.
The victims were taken to a local hospital, where one was treated for non-life threatening injuries and the other is listed in critical condition with head trauma and internal injuries.
Third Squad detectives ask anyone with information on this case to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.