- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Westbury Crash Kills Woman, Tot, Injures Driver
A man who suffered a medical emergency crashed his car near The Source Mall in Westbury, killing a 27-year-old woman in the passenger’s seat and a 4-year-old boy in the back seat on Sunday morning.
Nassau County police said the driver, who’s also 27, was behind the wheel of a Mitsubishi Galant eastbound on Old Country Road when he veered abruptly to the right, mounted the curb and struck a tree near the corner of Merchants Concourse shortly before noon.
The woman and toddler were taken to a local hospital, where they were pronounced dead shortly later.
The driver was hospitalized in stable condition for treatment of his injuries.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and impounded the car, but no charges are pending.