- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Ah, OK Republicans, NOW I Get It!
Ok, so let me get this straight.
“Obamacare” is the law.
President Obama was re-elected, with everyone knowing he was going to keep Obamacare in place, so more people are OK with it than not.
Even many of those who aren’t totally OK with it, just want it tweaked a bit.
The Supreme Court has said the law is constitutional.
BUT, House Republicans say “Hey, wait a minute. We were elected too, and our constituents have said they want us to take Obamacare OUT. So we are sticking to our guns, and we found a way to get you Democrats to listen to what OUR constituents say, and if you don’t want to budge, and the government shuts down, well, that’s on you. We’re doing our DUTY to OUR constituents who have said NO to Obamacare.”
I can understand that. Even sounds righteous.
Until you realize, that THESE are some of the constituents you speak of.