- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Central Islip Home Invasion Suspects Charged
Two men were arrested for pistol-whipping a Central Islip home invasion victim this week, Suffolk County police said.
Carlos Morales, 26, and 24-year-old Dawon Brown, both of Jamaica, were charged burglary, robbery, criminal use of a firearm and criminal possession of a weapon.
Third Squad detectives alleged the duo kicked in the rear door of house on East Walnut Street and demanded money from the victim shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Police said the duo jumped out of windows on the second floor in an attempt to flee when they realized officers had the house surrounded before they were taken into custody.
Bail for Morales and Brown was set at $150,000 bond or $100,000 cash. They are due back in court Friday.