- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Man Stabbed 2 in Island Park, Freeport in 6 Hours
A suspect has been arrested for stabbing an Island Park man in front of that victim’s home and another man outside of a Freeport Laundromat six hours later, Nassau County police said.
Eddie C. Harris, a 32-year-old homeless man from Hempstead, was charged Wednesday with assault, robbery criminal possession of stolen property and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said Harris stabbed a 35-year-old man in the stomach in front of the victim’s California Place South home in Island Park shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Then at 5:40 a.m. Wednesday, Harris allegedly stabbed a 47-year-old man in the arm, chest and back in front of Laundry Palace on West Merrick Road in Freeport before fleeing with the victim’s wallet, police said.
Harris drove eastbound on Merrick Road, crashed into a tree on Camp Ave in Merrick and then ran to Grand Avenue Middle School in Bellmore, where he was apprehended, police said.
The victims were taken to a local hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Harris will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.