- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Babylon Man Killed in Crash With Dump Truck
A 28-year-old man was killed a when he crashed his car into the back of a parked dump struck about a mile from his Babylon home on Thursday night.
Suffolk County police said Thomas Hudson was driving a Volkswagen Jetta westbound on Sunrise Highway Service Road when he crashed into the back of Ford dump truck west of Route 231 in North Babylon at 7 p.m.
Alejandro Aguillar-Hernandez, 36, of Seaford, had pulled the truck over into the left lane after it was hit by a Hyundai Sonata shortly before Hudson crashed into the truck.
Aguillar-Hernandez and his passenger had crossed the service road to check on the driver of the Sonata when the second crash occurred.
Hudson was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in West Islip, where he was pronounced dead.
Motor Carrier Safety Section officers conducted an inspection and safety check on the dump truck.
First Squad detectives impounded the car, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone who may have witnessed this crash and have not been interviewed to call them at 631-854-8152.