- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man Found Dead in Ocean Off Lido Beach
A dead man’s body was found floating in the Atlantic Ocean south of Long Island on Friday morning, Nassau County police said.
A group was fishing when found the body floating face down in the water 1.5 miles south of Lido Beach at 11 a.m., police said.
The U.S. Coast Guard responded along with the Marine Bureau and Aviation Unit officers to recover the body, which was taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine the man’s cause of death and identity.
Police said the unidentified man was black, about 55 to 60 years old, average build, balding with black and gray hair. He was wearing a blue pattern buttoned shirt, red plaid pajama pants and black slip on shoes was recovered.
Fourth Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this person to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.