- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Holbrook Woman Killed by Hit-and-run Driver
Suffolk County police are looking for a hit-and-run driver that killed a 46-year-old woman in her hometown of Holbrook early Saturday morning.
Cheri Larrydale was crossing Veterans Memorial Highway when she was struck by a westbound vehicle at the corner of Broadway Avenue at 12:40 a.m., police said.
Larrydale was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle sustained front end and headlight assembly damage.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.