- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Baldwin Motocyclist Killed in Crash With Bus
A 27-year-old motorcyclist from Freeport was killed in a crash with a school bus with nearly two dozen children aboard in Baldwin on Monday morning.
Nassau County police said Diony Antonio Lopez was riding a Honda motorcycle eastbound on Merrick Road when he collided with an Atlantic Express Transportation school bus at the corner of Lancaster Avenue shortly before 8 a.m.
The motorcyclist was taken to South Nassau Communities Hospital, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
The 64-year-old woman driving the bus was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. The 23 children, ages 5 through 14, aboard the bus were not injured.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.