- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hempstead Stabbing Leaves Man Dead, Woman Critical
A stabbing left a man dead and an 18-year-old woman hospitalized in critical condition in Hempstead on Sunday morning, Nassau County police said.
Hempstead village police officers responded to a stabbing on Lawson Street, where they found the man dead of an apparent stab wound at 7 a.m., police said.
A woman who was found suffering from stab wounds on the same street was taken to a local hospital for treatment of her injuries, police said.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.