- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Mount Sinai Man Killed in Car Crash
A 61-year-old man was killed in a car crash in his hometown of Mount Sinai on Sunday morning.
Suffolk County police said John Lamberta was driving a Hyundai southbound on North Ocean Avenue when his vehicle drove into the woods ¼ mile south of Canal Road shortly after 7 a.m.
Lamberta was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sixth Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8652