- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Woman, 79, Arrested in Hit-and-run Crash
A 79-year-old North Floral Park woman has been accused of hitting a man with her car and fleeing the scene in Herricks on Tuesday evening.
Nassau County police arrested Caroline Maggio on a charge of leaving the scene of an accident with serious physical injury.
Third Squad detectives alleged Maggio struck the 54-year-old victim with her Oldsmobile station wagon at the corner of Foch Boulevard and Hillside Avenue at 6:38 p.m., then fled the scene.
The victim was taken to an area hospital, where he is listed in stable condition while being treated for serious physical injuries.
Maggio was quickly apprehended at her home and was released on an appearance ticket.
She will be arraigned Oct. 22 at First District Court in Hempstead.