- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Wyandanch Man Arrested for Wrong-way DWI Crash
A Wyandanch man was arrested for drunken driving the wrong way on Sunrise Highway after he crashed his vehicle into another in Bohemia on Sunday night, Suffolk County police said.
Highway Patrol officers responded to a call of a Toyota minivan being driven eastbound in the westbound lanes of Route 27 that shortly later collided with a westbound Honda sedan near Exit 47 at 11:30 p.m., police said.
The suspect, 56-year-old Juan Maravilla, was charged with driving while intoxicated and reckless endangerment.
The victim, 26-year-old Jose Rivera of Shirley, suffered minor injuries and declined medical attention.
Police impounded Maravilla’s vehicle. He will be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Central Islip.