- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Holbrook Man Charged With Punching Woman at Jets Game
A Holbrook man and the woman he allegedly punched at a Jets game Sunday are among four charged with assault and disorderly conduct after a video of the brawl at MetLife Stadium went viral.
New Jersey State Police announced Tuesday the charges against 38-year-old Kurt Paschke, 25-year-old Amanda MacDowell of Marlborough, Mass., 26-year-old Jaclyn Nugent and 28-year-old David James Sacco, both of Boston.
The brawl came after the Jets beat the New England Patriots 30-27 in overtime.
Paschke, a Jets fan who served prison time for criminally negligent homicide after stabbing a 17-year-old to death in 1992, has been widely quoted as saying he was acting in self defense when he punched Nugent, a Patriots fan.
Paschke was seen in the video punching Nugent in the face after MacDowell and Nugent were seen kicking and punching Paschke in the body and head, police said. Sacco then allegedly punched Paschke in the face.
All four will face the charges at East Rutherford Municipal Court. The Jets have issued a statement condemning the incident.