- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Uniondale Shooting Suspect Charged With Attempted Murder
A Queens man was arrested for shooting at a 26-year-old man with whom he had a longstanding feud in front of the victim’s Uniondale home over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
Donovan Huff-Rose of Forest Hills was charged with second-degree attempted murder, criminal use of a firearm and reckless endangerment.
Police said Huff-Rose, who’s also 26, fired a gun near Jerusalem Avenue at the victim while the victim was standing on the front steps at his Northgate Drive home at 11:35 p.m. Sunday.
The victim was not hit by the gunfire and the alleged gunman fled in a Lexus, police said.
First Squad detectives apprehended Huff-Rose in New York City the following day.
Huff-Rose will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.