- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Baby Found Dead in Trash in North Lawrence
A baby was found dead at a garbage processing facility in North Lawrence on Tuesday afternoon, Nassau County police said.
Workers made the discovery at Town of Hempstead Sanitary District No. 1 facility on Bay Boulevard at 2:21 p.m., police said.
Officers responded to the scene after receiving a report of a baby with difficulty breathing, but the baby was dead when they arrived, police said.
The remains were taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be conducted to determine the baby’s cause of death.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.