- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Coram Man Flashed 3 Girls, Cops Say
A Coram man wanted for flashing a girl at a store in Medford has been apprehended and accused of masturbating in front of two others near a school, Suffolk County police said.
Ray Sanchez, a 31-year-old registered Level 2 sex offender, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, exposure of a person and public lewdness.
Police said Sanchez exposed himself to an 8-year-old while she was shopping with her mother at the Target store on Horseblock Road in Medford on Oct. 10. The mother had taken photos of the suspect that police had released to the media this week.
Then on Oct. 15, two 13-year-old girls reported they made eye-contact with a man they saw masturbating in a vehicle parked in front of Setauket Elementary School on Main Street in East Setauket as they walked by.
Sixth Squad detectives identified the suspect in the both cases as Sanchez, who will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Sanchez became a sex offender after being convicted in Arizona of promoting child pornography.