- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Oakdale Man Fatally Hit by Car
A 65-year-old man was struck and killed by a car while crossing a street in his hometown of Oakdale on Wednesday night.
Suffolk County police said John O’Brien was crossing Montauk Highway in front of the Lighthouse Commons Shopping Center when he was hit by a westbound Hyundai Elantra near Berard Boulevard at 8:14 p.m.
O’Brien was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he was pronounced dead.
The driver, a teenager from Port Jefferson Station, was not injured.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the car, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8552 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.