- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Selden Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
A 53-year-old pedestrian was fatally struck by a vehicle while crossing a road in Selden on Wednesday night.
Suffolk County police said Timothy Blake of Medford was in the middle County Road 83 when he was hit by a northbound Nissan driven by a Port Jefferson Station woman at 9:30 p.m.
The victim was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded the Nissan, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8652 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.