- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Westhampton Teacher Admits to Locker Room Spy Cam
A Westhampton Middle School gym teacher has admitted to secretly filming girls in a locker room with a hidden cell phone earlier this year.
Thomas Sheppard pleaded guilty Wednesday at Suffolk County court to eight charges, including unlawful surveillance and endangering the welfare of a minor.
“It was clear to us from the beginning the recording of these girls was not inadvertent as the defendant first claimed,” Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said. “His appalling betrayal of these teenagers will also result in the surrender of his teaching license.”
Judge Barbara Kahn is expected to sentence the 28-year-old Speonk man Dec. 18 to five years of probation. He will also be required to register as a sex offender.
Prosecutors said they will recommend he be sentenced to the maximum of one and one-third to four years in prison.