- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Baldwin Crash That Killed Driver Probed
A driver was killed and a person in another vehicle was wounded in a two-vehicle crash on the Southern State Parkway in Baldwin that forced the closure of the roadway’s eastbound lanes Friday morning.
New York State police said the victim was driving a Mazda when the vehicle rear-ended a Suzuki SUV just west of exit 19, drove through the guiderail on the south shoulder, then crashed into a pole and several trees at 6:43 a.m.
The driver of the Mazda, whose identity was not immediately available, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A passenger in the Suzuki was taken to Mercy Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the crash.