- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Lindenhurst Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
A 21-year-old Amityville man was fatally struck by a vehicle while crossing a road in North Lindenhurst on Thursday night.
Suffolk County police said Shameek Brown was crossing New Highway near the corner of New Horizon Boulevard when he was hit by a northbound Nissan driven by a Copiague man shortly before 10 p.m.
Brown was taken to Nassau University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. The driver was not injured.
First Squad detectives impounded the vehicle, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8152 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.