- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Franklin Square Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
An 80-year-old man was fatally struck by an Optimum truck in Franklin Square over the weekend.
Nassau County police said the victim was crossing Hempstead Turnpike between Ribbon Street and Fendale Avenue when he was hit by an eastbound Chevrolet van at 6:40 p.m.
The victim’s identity was not released. The 43-year-old man behind the wheel was not charged.
Detectives impounded the van and the road was closed for several hours while investigators were on the scene.