- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Robber Threatened to Shoot McDonald’s Worker Over Burgers, Cops Say
An alleged real-life Hamburglar is accused of walking up to a McDonald’s drive thru in Riverside and threatening to shoot a worker inside if the victim didn’t hand over hamburgers with a side of cash.
New York State police said they arrested Juan Mendez-DePaz in the parking lot and charged with robbery and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said the 33-year-old Flanders man, who was donning a cowboy hat at the time, reached in his vest after telling the worker that he was armed with a pair of guns shortly after midnight Saturday.
The worker shut the window and called 911. The suspect allegedly flashed a large knife on his hip and briefly struggled with Troopers before being taken into custody, police said.
Mendez-DePaz will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.