- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roslyn Heights Crash Leaves Man Dead
A 98-year-old Pennsylvania man was killed when a dump truck crashed into his vehicle in Roslyn Heights early Tuesday morning.
Nassau County police said Frank Winfrey of Philadelphia was driving a Chevrolet southbound on Roslyn Road when his vehicle collided with a westbound Mack truck at the corner of Powerhouse Road at 5:40 a.m.
The truck then struck a utility pole, knocking it to the ground and causing power outages in the area.
Winfrey was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead a half hour later.
The 39-year-old man driving the truck and a 43-year-old man riding with him were treated for minor injuries.
Homicide Squad detectives impounded both vehicles and are continuing the investigation.